Bethany is home to a vibrant and multi-faceted music ministry committed to glorifying God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--through a variety of programs and services to the local church, the broader church, and our local community. Check out the many ways that you can get connected below. All of our music ministry programs are open to the community.
Choral & Vocal
Bethany's inter-generational choral program consists of Proclaim, our adult choir, and the various choirs of the Schola Cantorum, a tuition-free choir school for grades K-12 provided by our community music school, The Bach Academy. Participants grow musical and spiritually as they provide musical leadership to the congregation and embellish the liturgy with fine choral music. All are welcome to join our choral ensembles provided that they can match pitch. We'll teach you everything else!
Our instrumental program consists of the Bethany Brass, Praises Ring! (handbells), various mixed ensembles, and soloists. These various opportunities provide an extra layer of depth and embellishment to the beauty of the liturgy, and are open to all who are willing to serve.
Learn at The Bach Academy!
The J.S. Bach Academy of Music (we just call it "The Bach Academy") is music school serving anybody from the Naperville community, as well as the broader Church. Programs include:
- Instrumental and Vocal Music Lessons
- Early Childhood Music
- Music Education for Special Needs
- A Youth Orchestra & Chamber Ensembles
- A Tuition-Free Choir School
- A Pre-Collegiate program for Historical Performance
- Vocational Training for Today's Church Musician (coming in 2019!)
Church Music & Liturgical Resources
In addition to the work that we do at Bethany Lutheran Church & School, and our services to the Naperville community, our Music Ministry also has a passion for serving the broader Church. While this a new area of expansion for us, we are excited and hopeful that we may serve church musicians, pastors, and the ordinary Christian with musical and liturgical resources that are edifying.
- Music & Liturgy Blog (coming soon)
- Vocational Training for Today's Church Musician (coming in 2019 through The Bach Academy)
- Music at Bethany Library Database (coming soon)
- Lectionary-Based Church Music Database